Addicted to productivity

by Wednesday, July 29, 2015 0 comments
Productivity and future quote

About two weeks ago, I was still on vacation. I realized something very important while doing, well, mostly nothing. I need to be productive!

Everyone knows that vacations get boring after a few days. The first few days are exciting, but then you get settled in and everything that seemed new and exciting gets old. As far as I can remember, I have always been glad to go home near the end of my vacations. I thought that it was because of boredom. I was wrong.

I realized that I get sad when I am not productive. I need to be thinking, challenged and busy with something meaningful. Turns out, a lot of people are like me. If you Google "need to be more productive", you get a list of results all promising tips and tricks for obtaining productivity. Do you really need that? No. Tips like taking out the clothes you want to wear the next day (before you go to bed) is not really improved productivity.

I have often seen that people can spend their time being productively unproductive. Performing silly and unnecessary tasks are not making you more productive. Real productivity comes from creating! At least for me it does. I need to be able to quantify my productivity.

I guess the TL;DR (to long; didn't read) version of this post is: I am happy when I am productive.    

Gabriel Visagie

Guild Master

Postgraduate engineering student, blogger, photography enthusiast and wannabe artist. Eats gummy bears by tearing them limb from limb.

0 comments:

Post a Comment