I don't treat people the same

by Wednesday, October 14, 2015 0 comments


So for the past week I've been thinking about human relationships. There are lots of ideas going around on how people should treat each other and I think some of these ideas are completely flawed. In this post I'd like to share my views.

People are not equal

Anyone who tells you that everyone is equal, is just being silly or stupid. I cannot think of any two people that I could really say are equal. People have different abilities and talents. In the movie The Incredibles, Helen Parr tells her boy that everyone is special. Dash (her boy) then replies, that it is the same as saying no one is. This is one of my favorite quotes which I believe to be quite accurate.

Some people are faster than others. Some people are stronger than others. Some people are smarter than others. Some people are better at games than others. /XD

Note that I'm not saying one life is more important than another. I have good friends who are probably as talented as you can get and then I also have good friends that are less talented that the average squid (sorry Squidward). /nobigdeal

Also being "better" does not imply that you will be more successful. One of my favorite quotes from a random guy on a forum, sums it up nicely:
"I've realized that having a super high IQ doesn't mean you will get sh1t done. However you still need one." - some guy on a forum 

I don't treat people the same

First off, you have to be one heck of a human to treat everyone the same! Life is just not that simple. I'd like to make it clear that I don't treat everyone equally. A friend who has been there for me in the past definitely gets better treatment from me than one who has done me wrong.

Me not treating people the same goes further into harsher territory. I do take note of what you are doing with your life. I admire people with passion. I despise lazy people. I despise people who are not respectful of others. I could go on, but I'm sure you catch my drift. :)

That is all for this post. If you have different views, I'd like to hear about them! Oh and we finally have some nice raining going on! One part of me feels like drawing and another feels like playing Heroes of the Storm... /bye

Gabriel Visagie

Guild Master

Postgraduate engineering student, blogger, photography enthusiast and wannabe artist. Eats gummy bears by tearing them limb from limb.

0 comments:

Post a Comment